A ticket inspection is carried out by responsible ticket inspectors of DPB (Bratislava Transport Company). A ticket inspector is obligated to identify themselves by a card and a badge. Ticket validators get blocked after 15 seconds from the door closing. It is compulsory for a passenger to have a valid ticket.
The fines for travelling without a valid ticket (valid from 1st May 2014) are as follows:
- 50 € if paid on site or within next 5 working days in the Surcharge cashdesk office (Olejkárska street 1),
- 70 € if paid later,
- 5 € if a passenger is not able to prove the possession of a valid long-term prepaid ticket (the possession of the prepaid ticket must be proved from 48 hours to 30 days) or fare reduction card,
- 5 € if a passanger travells without a valid ticket for baggage, bicycle or dog.
You can pay a fine by cash or by a bank card directly in a vehicle. All procedures regarding the fine payment or passenger identification must be done in a vehicle.
Furthermore, fines can be also paid at operator's Surcharge cashdesk office at Olejkárska street no. 1. You can pay either by cash or by a bank card. Opening hours of the Surcharge cashdesk office:
- Monday, Wednesday: 10.00 - 12.30 and 14.00 - 18.00,
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7.00 - 12.30 and 14.00 - 15.00.
27th Nov 2011, updated 8th Feb 2017