Routes to and from the airport
The Bratislava airport (Letisko Milana Rastislava Štefánika) is located in the outskirts on the eastern side of the city and is served by the following routes:
- Route 61 which directly connects the airport with the city centre and the railway station:
- Route 96 which offers a one-transfer connection to the bus station:
- Night route N61 which directly connects the airport with both bus and railway station:
Connections to the city centre
- Route 61 from Letisko stop to Klientske centrum stop, then route 205 to Rajská terminus | view 1... | view 2...
- At night, route N61 from Letisko stop to Kollárovo nám. or Hodžovo nám. stops | view departures...
Connections to the bus station
- Route 96 from Letisko stop to Gagarinova stop, then route 202 to Autobusová stanica stop | view 1... | view 2...
- At night, route N61 from Letisko stop to Autobusová stanica stop | view departures...
Connections to the railway station
- Route 61 from Letisko stop to Hlavná stanica terminus | view departures...
- At night, route N61 from Letisko stop to Hlavná stanica terminus | view departures...
For connections to the airport, use the connections above backwards or visit the Journey planner.
For the majority of journeys to and from the airport, a 60-minute ticket is recommended. When travelling from the airport to the railway station or vice versa on route 61 with no transfers, it is enough to purchase a 30-minute ticket. A 0.45 € (30-minute discounted ticket) is neccessary for luggage and is valid for 180 minutes, in spite of being a 30-minute ticket only if purchased for a passenger.
Both single- and multi-journey time-limited tickets can be purchased in red ticket machines in the arrival terminal at the airport.
If you are a Slovak cellular carrier customer and need a full fare ticket for both you and your luggage, it is beneficial to purchase an SMS ticket for 1.00 € (40 minutes) or 1.40 € (70 minutes) by sending any SMS message to 1140 or 1100, respectively. Such ticket is valid for all day and night routes and includes a luggage fare. Keep in mind that you need to receive an SMS back from the ticket provider before boarding any service.
More information on fares can be found here.