Day route services at night
Last services on the majority of all-day routes depart their termini at about 23:00. There are exceptions, though – some routes even offer services shortly after midnight. On most routes, services begin to operate between 04:30 and 05:00. Exact departures can be found in the Schedules section.
Night services and their shared departures
There are 20 night routes marked with a subscript N and a route number, which they would resemble most during the day. Routes N21 N29 N31 N33 N34 N37 N53 N55 N61 N70 N74 N80 N93 N95 begin at Hlavná stanica, the main railway station, routes N44 N47 N72 begin at Hodžovo námestie, near the presidential palace. Routes N56 N91 can be changed for in the peripheral areas of the city. The aforementioned two stops are considered main interchange points for night routes – transfer to other routes is possible in both directions. The common departure times of all routes from Hlavná stanica are 23:30, 00:00, 00:30, 01:30, 02:30 and 03:30. Inbound services depart their specific termini shortly after 23:50, 00:50, 01:50, 02:50 and 03:50, also in other extra times on select night routes. Routes N44 N72 depart towards Koliba and Čiližská shortly after other outbound night services, route N47 towards Valašská departs shortly after other inbound services. Exact departures can be found in the Schedules section.
As of 1 November 2015, there are no differences in the day and night fares. For travelling at night, any valid IDS BK ticket can be purchased and used.
Bus stops at night
All stops on night routes are request stops. When boarding, it is necessary to wait at the bus stop, so that the driver can see you in time. On bus stops with insufficient lighting, it may be beneficial to raise your hand to further attract driver's attention. When alighting, you must press a nearby STOP button in time to allow the driver to stop safely.
Transfers between night routes
Night services usually wait for each other at Hlavná stanica terminus, so that, ideally, none of them departs earlier than the last one arrives. Maximum waiting time is 3 minutes after the scheduled departure. Routes N53 N55 N56 and N91 N93 wait for each other at their interchange points – routes N53 N56 at Zlaté piesky stop, routes N55, N56 at Hečkova stop and routes N91 N93 at Jasovská stop. Route N70 guarantees a transfer at its continuous terminus ŽST Podunajské Biskupice.
There is one more route, N99, which is specific on its own – it does not offer direct transfers to other night routes, meaning that its services run in between other night services. Also, it does not terminate at Hlavná stanica nor Hodžovo námestie, like other night routes do.
Night routes at a glance
- Route N21 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Patrónka – Dúbravka – Devínska Nová Ves
- Route N29 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Kramáre – Mlynská dolina – Devín
- Route N31 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Mlynská dolina – Cintorín Slávičie
- Route N33 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Račianske mýto – Karlova Ves – Dlhé diely
- Route N34 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Karlova Ves – Dúbravka, Pri kríži
- Route N37 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Patrónka – Lamač – Záhorská Bystrica
- Route N44 → Hodžovo námestie – Karpatská – Koliba
- Route N47 → Hodžovo námestie – Hrad (Bratislava castle) – Valašská
- Route N53 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Trnávka – Vajnory
- Route N55 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Krasňany – Rača, Na pántoch
- Route N56 → Rača, Hečkova – Východné – Zlaté piesky
- Route N61 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Autob. stanica (bus stn.) – Letisko / Airport
- Route N70 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Ružinov – Podunajské Biskupice
- Route N72 → Hodžovo námestie – Vrakuňa – Dolné hony, Čiližská
- Route N74 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Ružinov – Prievoz – Vlčie hrdlo
- Route N80 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Dvory – Ovsište – Kopčany
- Route N91 → Petržalka, Jasovská – Jarovce – Rusovce – Čunovo
- Route N93 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Lúky – Petržalka, Jasovská
- Route N95 → Hlavná stanica (railway stn.) – Hodžovo námestie – Háje – Vozovňa Petržalka
- Route N99 → Petržalka, Ovsište – Dvory – Háje – Lúky – Depo Petržalka
Travelling to less accessible parts of the city
Route N44 towards Koliba departs Hodžovo námestie stop 15 minutes after other outbound night services. It can also be changed for at Karpatská stop from routes N33 N74. Going back from Koliba, route N44 continuously becomes route N47 towards Valašská at Hodžovo námestie stop and can be changed for from other inbound night services
Route N56 operates between Zlaté piesky and Rača via Východné. From the city centre, changing from route N53 (towards Zlaté piesky) for route N56 at Zlaté piesky stop is only possible until 01:00. When travelling from the city centre at or after 01:30, it is neccessary to use route N55 (towards Rača) instead and change for route N56 at Hečkova stop.
The same applies for the other direction – when travelling before 01:30, it is only possible to use routes N56 and N55 with a transfer at Hečkova stop. After 02:00, the only way is using routes N56 and N53 with a transfer at Zlaté piesky stop.
Route N72 towards Dolné hony departs Hodžovo námestie stop shortly after other outbound night services. It can also be changed for between the adjacent Malý trh and Autobusová stanica stops from route N33.
Jarovce, Rusovce & Čunovo
Route N91 serves Jarovce, Rusovce and Čunovo and connects to the night route network at Jasovská stop, on the southern edge of Petržalka, where it can be changed for from route N93, which depart Hlavná stanica at 23:30, 00:30, 01:30 and 02:30 and arrive at the same platform route N91 departs from. When travelling back inbound, all services on route N91 offer a direct connection to the city centre by means of route N93.